Date Needed: April 2023
Type of Position: Full-Time Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Description: The Community Health Director will serve individual clinics by providing support for data collection across all clinics and by assisting the project team in introducing practice changes, encouraging data-driven and evidence-based improvement strategies, and providing any onsite coaching clinics may require as changes are implemented in clinic workflows. This position is integrated within the HAU organizational team and is not a stand-alone contract position.
- Responsible for data extraction and creation of reports from Athena and other Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems on behalf of participating clinics. Assist clinics with entering data into the online reporting system.
- Work with HAU leadership, project consultants/ faculty and across clinics to build awareness and encourage sharing of experiences, lessons learned, and best practices. Must be comfortable working as a team member.
- Develop professional relationships with clinic teams, clinical leaders/champions, HAU staff and HAU partners to support Shared Services model.
- Work with clinical directors to engage clinic teams in implementing changes to support improved diabetes outcomes.
- Facilitate measurement and evaluation needs with clinic teams.
- Serve as primary HAU point of contact for clinic staff for this grant. Communicate barriers observed in fully implementing the SHAPES model.
- Assist in recruitment and orientation of new clinics as cohorts are added.
- Maintain project tracking and prepare and post notes for all SHAPES calls.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for SHAPES’ funder.
- Maintain current content on the SHAPES collaboration portal – upcoming events, recordings, slides and notes of past events, resources and documents.
Healthcare Services Navigation Department Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Serve as oversight to HAU patient navigators using the HAU Healthcare Services Navigation process manual as the procedures guide when working with clients.
- Work collaboratively and as a team with the HAU Patient Navigators for effective referrals and team-building to ensure procedures are followed consistently and timelines and deadlines are met.
- Assess, Evaluate, Measure and Improve the Navigation Services Navigation Program.
- Provide oversight of the all clinic database and updates to referral partners statewide to include but not limited to Heartline 211, Be A Neighbor, MyHealth, HAU and Oklahoma Charitable Clinic Association websites.
- Utilize and expand knowledge and effective use of the Unite Us platform.
- Increase awareness of the Healthcare Services Navigation program
- Create short- and long-term strategies for the Healthcare Services Navigation program
- All additional duties as assigned.
Community Health Worker Department Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Lead a collaborative team effort to provide a system of care that is efficient and compassionate towards patients.
- Conduct outreach to identify and engage clinic patients around health and wellness activities.
- Supervise Community Health Worker duties of assessing basic health status, risks and social determinants of health for an assigned patient population and assisting patients in understanding patient care plans and instructions.
- Integrate Community Health Workers with uninsured patients to establish positive, supportive relationships with patients. Motivate patients to be active, engaged participants in their own health.
- Create processes for referrals to community services to overcome barriers to obtaining needed medical care and social services.
- Supervision of Community Health Workers in assisting patients in developing health management plans and goals, with follow-up with both patients and providers.
- Innovate and support the facilitation of evidence-based health education and behavior change strategies with individuals and small groups.
- Oversight for accurate and complete submission of reporting and/or enrollment forms for programs provided at HAU and in the clinics in a timely manner.
- Communicate to the Executive Director, HAU Team, Clinics and other partners.
MinimumQualifications and Requirements:
An equivalent combination of education, experience and expertise may be considered.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and ability to effectively prioritize to meet deadlines
- 3-5 years experience in a healthcare, non-profit or charitable-related organization preferred
- Experience with grants, clinic workflows, project management, quality improvement or facilitation preferred
- Proficiency using one or more electronic medical records preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle for travel
- Must show demonstrated ability to work within a team
- Communicate effectively and constructively, orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and can collaborate as an effective team member
- Self-starter, able to take initiative and anticipate organizational needs
- Ability to manage conflict with diplomacy and tact
- Occasional evening and weekend hours are required.
- Travel to participating clinics, presentations, and community events
HAU is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity and strives for authentic inclusion. We seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of race, socioeconomic status, national origin, color, disability, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
HAU is committed to salary equity, and compensation will be determined based on an independent assessment of qualifications relative to the position’s responsibilities.
HAU has an overarching, long-term, high-impact strategy for achieving health equity that balances responsiveness with a long-term commitment, taking the best advantage of the HAU’s position for driving positive system-level changes that affect health outcomes. HAU is effective in designing and driving change as demonstrated by the execution of multi-faceted strategies that advance systems-level changes that reduce health disparities in, with, and for communities across Oklahoma.
How to Apply: We invite you to apply by submitting your application, cover letter, resume and salary range to: [email protected]