The Health Alliance for the Uninsured (HAU) is a catalyst for improved health care services for those who otherwise would be unable to obtain them.
The HAU Practice Facilitator is a position that is within a major grant funded by the United Healthcare Foundation. The PF is an employee of HAU and will serve individual clinics by providing support for data collection across all clinics and by assisting the project team in introducing practice changes, encouraging data-driven and evidence-based improvement strategies, and providing any onsite coaching clinics may require as changes are implemented in clinic workflows. This position is integrated within the HAU organizational team and is not a stand-alone contract position.
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Responsible for data extraction and creation of reports from Athena and other Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems on behalf of participating clinics. Assist clinics with entering data into the online reporting system.
- Work with HAU leadership, project consultants/ faculty and across clinics to build awareness and encourage sharing of experiences, lessons learned, and best practices. Must be comfortable working as a team member.
- Develop professional relationships with clinic teams, clinical leaders/champions, HAU staff and HAU partners to support the Shared Services model.
- Work with clinical directors to engage clinic teams in implementing changes to support improved diabetes outcomes.
- Facilitate measurement and evaluation needs with clinic teams.
- Serve as primary HAU point of contact for clinic staff for this grant. Communicate barriers observed in fully implementing the SHAPES model.
- Assist in recruitment and orientation of new clinics as cohorts are added.
- Maintain project tracking and prepare and post notes for all SHAPES calls.
- Assist in preparation of reports for SHAPES’ funder.
- Maintain current content on the SHAPES collaboration portal – upcoming events, recordings, slides, and notes of past events, resources, and documents.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
An equivalent combination of education, experience and expertise may be considered.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and ability to effectively prioritize to meet deadlines
- Experience with grants, clinic workflows, project management, quality improvement or facilitation preferred
- Proficiency in using one or more electronic medical records preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle for travel
- Must show demonstrated ability to work within a team
- Communicate effectively and constructively, orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and collaborate as an effective team member
- Self-starter, able to take initiative and anticipate organizational needs
- Ability to manage conflict with diplomacy and tact
- Occasional evening and weekend hours are required.
- Frequent travel to participating clinics.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision and retirement. Salary commensurate with experience. Health Alliance for the Uninsured is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.